Monday 2 June 2008

Rising From The Grave




On Friday I began the task of bring out the dead. Sifting through the wreckage of the Clayton Square models and bringing the pieces and people together to build one final model, in tribute to the models that had gone before it. I had bought some miniature gravestones especially from noch.de in Germany in order to mark the dead. I also added a camera team to mark the process I have gone through in filming this project. Its strange - I remember how absolutely gutted I was when the Clayton Square models were trashed, but its meant I've been able to spend more time thinking about what they mean to me, and it has also allowed me to build a permanent habitat for the house spider to live in. Every act of destruction is an act of creation.

No comments: